5.07.2009

First Dates

First Dates. It's a love/hate relationship. Always sounds like such a great idea, but then as the time gets closer, I begin to think of excuses to cancel. Anything- working late, electricity out, broken down car- any excuse. But, last night, I sucked it up and went on it. Well, let me be perfectly honest by saying I did text him two hours prior saying "I might have to call it an early evening because I have a lot of work to get done tonight". Lame, I know, but that was going to be my cop out. Anyway, I went through with it, and honestly, one of the best nights I have had in quite some time. Nothing fancy- actually, very casual, a few coronas, take-out sushi, watched "the reader" (great movie by the way) and finished the night with a great glass of wine. I think I had forgotten how great new people, new ideas and new perspectives can be. Next time, I will have more confidence and not frantically think of an excuse to get out of it. But, I probably still will have my pre-date beer, just to be sure. :)

No comments: