5.05.2009

I love Skirt! magazine and the cover this month couldn't be better.... "Home is pajamas straight from the dryer on the coldest night of winter and a roof that doesn't link during a rainstorm. It's food in the refrigerator and heat that works and this month's rent paid in full. It's Benjamin Moore Blue, porch light yellow a loose-change-in-the-sofa silver lining. It's the dog who thinks you invented walks and someone to share your late night thoughts. It's the evening news with a glass of wine and a slice of the moon in the window at bedtime, the shower that washes away work and the special mirror that makes you look taller before you leave the house. Home is the key left under the mat, your mother's phone number, the place you drive through the night to reach. It's where we find our belonging." I'm looking for my new home right now and I want nothing more than these words of Maya Angelou.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Please say you are back to the blogging world :) I miss your thoughts :) Hope all is well in my favorite place...and yes I hope you find everything in your new home that u r looking for and don't you worry I'll come visit!