8.25.2009

The Cove

If you have not had the wonderful and compelling opportunity to see the movie, The Cove, I urge you to do so today. check out www.thecovemovie.com. It is worth your money and time to see this movie, that tells a horrible story about the slaughter of wild dolphins in Japan. It especially touched me as an employee at an aquarium. Although the filmmaker is anti-Aquarium, he had very valid points and the truth about this awful act needs to be publicized. I had the wonderful opportunity to see a special screening last night with fellow conservationists and lovers of the ocean, as well as Philippe Cousteau. It opened my eyes and made me think twice. South Carolina is the only state that prohibits marine mammals to be on display- bravo to us. For once, we get kudos for standing out. Anyway, I encourage you to check out the website and see if it is playing at at theater near you. If you live in Charleston, it will be playing at the Terrace until Thursday.

No comments: