12.18.2009

Merry Christmas

So, I know I have been slack the past few weeks. And, I have no excuse but laziness. Yes, I could say the hustle and bustle of the season, running around from one holiday party to another, work is kicking my butt with year end gifts, etc. etc. etc. Like I said, at the end of the day no excuse. I have been reading all of my lovely friends' blogs and have enjoyed remembering my own Christmas pasts, traditions and memories. There are so many and I am so thankful. The past four Christmases have been pretty rough on my family. There has almost been a hold your breath and wait for something bad to happen moment each one. Not to sound like a downer, but divorce, cancer, heart attack, Grandmother's death...literally one year after another. However, through it all, my family continues to grow closer and closer. No matter the circumstance, we always gather together to thank God for our blessings and to enjoy the wonderful spirit of Christmas. Christmas Eve candlelight service. Christmas breakfast at Grandma's. Christmas dinner at mom and dad's. Holding hands to give thanks. I do feel like the Grinch, Christmas after Christmas, not because of my grinchiness, but because I feel like my heart grows three sizes each year. Full of cheer and happiness and love. May you and your loved ones give thanks for every blessing you have this year. Hug your families tight and open your eyes to the tiny wonders around you. Merry Christmas to all of my friends- thank you for being a blessing in my life.

No comments: