12.01.2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Ok, so I'm a bit behind. I blame it on being out of town. I headed to Conyers last Monday after work. Many of my friends questioned my sanity, how would I be able to stand my family for almost a full week?!? To me, it wasn't a question. Here's a little secret: I love being around my family. I am the third of three girls and the only one who lives more than 15 miles from my parents' house. Therefore, I take advantage of as much time as possible at home, catching up on family and town gossip, sleeping in my old bed, being treated to dinners and pedicures, the works. Now, this does not mean that after three or four days some tempers flare and brief arguments arise. But, we get past them and I remind myself to be thankful for the wonderful time with my family.
So, I spent Monday night and Tuesday at home in Conyers, running around town. Mom, dad and I saw "The Blind Side" on Tuesday night, which I encourage you all to see-- you will quickly become a Baltimore Ravens fan! Wednesday, we headed down to the lake for some R & R and in preparation for Thanksgiving. Me, mom, dad, Jennifer and my aunt, uncle and cousins came down to spend the night (and Ginger, my cat of course!) The next day, Julie and Brandon came down to eat before heading to the airport to fly to Michigan to see Brandon's family. We had a feast, more than a feast. We ate early, then played cards, drank some wine, watched football and enjoyed the fellowship with each other. I truly am blessed with a wonderful family.
We headed back to Conyers on Friday and participated in some Black Friday shopping. Saturday took us to the Atlanta Farmers Market to get a Christmas tree- one of the biggest my parents have ever had! That night we cheered and cheered for our GT yellow jackets, but that fell short. That's ok- I have faith that they will bounce back before the match-up with Clemson this Saturday!
All in all, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I was so thankful to have enough time saved up to take the week off. I already looking forward to Christmas so I can see more friends and do more relaxing! My post for the last ten days could say many things I am thankful for, but friends, family and health are the three most important, and what I go to bed every night thanking God for. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: