7.15.2008

"We Aquire the Strength we have Overcome"- Emerson

So, my new hobby...yep, pole dancing. I am LOVING it. I go every Monday night from 8:30-9:45 and feel so good when I leave. Now when I say enjoy, that does not necessarily mean it is easy. Oh no. In fact, last night was my first lesson on climbing. The past four weeks we have been working on spins and dances and such, but last night, we did the chair sit. Followed by the attempt to climb the pole. And let me just say, I have a new respect for strippers. The fact of the matter is that I need to work on my upper body strength. And, I got to the point where I was about two scoots from the top, but just couldn't do it. But that's ok. It just gives me motivation for when I go in for my practice session on Thursday. Forget the bruises on my leg. Or the internal bleeding mark (according to Shane) on my upper thigh. I will conquer that pole.

No comments: